Mapping Tools by default opens to the Get Started Screen, which contains a changelog of the application, as well as a list of most recently used maps with Mapping Tools.
This screen can also be reached via Options > Get started.
The File tab contains explicit operations for loading and saving your .osu beatmap files.
- Open beatmap opens a file explorer to select a map to load into Mapping Tools.
- Open current beatmap opens the beatmap open in the osu! editor.
- Generate backup creates a backup of the map currently open in Mapping Tools.
- Load backup opens a file explorer to select a backup to overwrite the map currently open in Mapping Tools.
- BetterSave™ current beatmap saves the map currently open in Mapping Tools with rounding rather than truncating.
The Tools tab contains a list of all tools available in Mapping Tools.
Each tool contains tooltips explaining what they do, how they work, and what each property means.
You can also read documentation on a tool by navigating to the appropriate sidebar option here.
The Options tab contains functions for working with local Mapping Tools data.
- Get started brings you back to the Get Started Screen.
- Preferences opens the Preferences window, where controls how Mapping Tools obtains and works with information.
- Open backups folder opens the folder containing all backups generated by Mapping Tools.
- Open Mapping Tools folder opens the folder containing local projects and configurations for Mapping Tools.
The About tab provides additional information pertaining to Mapping Tools.